DSN Commences Free AI Course in 30-City Invasion
March 25 to April 18, 2019: Data Science Nigeria, DSN, has commenced a 30-city Artificial learning invasion designed to offer a 5-day Introduction to Machine Learning across the country. This is in line with the not-for-profit organisation’s aim of raising datapreneurs to key into the ample global opportunities offered by data science and related fields.
According to the organizers, the 30 cities invasion is a non-profit driven by a vision to build a world-class Artificial Intelligence knowledge, research and innovation ecosystem that delivers high impact research, business use applications, locally-relevant AI- first start-ups, increase employability and drive for social good use cases.
“Our drive is to accelerate Nigeria’s development through the solution-oriented application of machine learning to solving social/business problems and to galvanize a data science knowledge revolution. We believe that in 10 years, Nigeria will become one of the top 10 AI talent/knowledge destinations with 20% GDP multiplier impact to attain a 1 million AI talents in 10 years mandate”, said Bayo Adekanmbi, Convener, DSN and Chief Transformation Officer, MTN Nigeria, in a statement released by DSN in Lagos.
The time table for the 5 days in each of the 30 cities AI invasion is encompassing the state coordinator’s contact and training venue are published below for ease of access and attendance.
In DSN’s slightly above a year history, the body has recorded impressive feat in mentoring and building careers for young Nigerians and Africans in data science and artificial intelligence. These include:
- 300,000+ direct download of our Artificial Intelligence for Starter free ebook to stimulate interest in AI through use cases and inspirational contribution from leading AI experts including recognized leaders like Prof Yoshua Bengio
- 10,212 participated in the 1st ever Intercampus Machine Learning competition that involved 95 universities and a great opportunity to incentivize Nigerian students to learn Introduction to Machine Learning with Python, R and MS Azure
- 12,234 online participants in Data Science course – from registration to at least one class.
- Over 1,000 have participated in our face to face classes via fully residential all-expense-paid bootcamp, free meet-ups and weekly classes at the AI Hub
- 203 direct job placement, project participation and internship
- 4 innovative product ideas that are being pre-incubated
- The largest convergence of academia and industry practitioners as mentors to support real-world application of learning
- High impact learning bootcamps, academic engagement and direct job placements (full time, freelance and internships) for young Nigerian data scientists
- Strategic partnership with leading firms and organisations including Microsoft, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, KPMG, Access Bank, African Fintech Foundry, BlueChip Technology, Nigerian Bureau of Statistics, Terragon Group, Proshare Nigeria, FCMB Bank, Guardian Newspapers, Diamond Bank, InstaDeep, PayLater OneFi, Keoun, Axa Mansar, Interswitch etc.