5 Places We Will Absolutely Love Puyol To Visit In Nigeria
Just two weeks ago, Heineken® made a huge announcement that left us stunned and pleasantly surprised.
What was the gag?
The Spanish football legend, Puyol will be leading the UEFA Champions League Tour as presented by Heineken® in Nigeria between the 16th-18th of April, 2019.
While we had football fans losing their minds with excitement (and rightfully so), we decided to feed our tourism fantasy and ponder on the 5 perfect places we’d absolutely love Puyol to visit.
Here are our top 5 picks:
- Eko Atlantic: Now this is a sight to behold. Eko Atlantic is an entire new coastal city being built in Lagos, Nigeria. It is a focal point for investors and is a marvel of modern engineering and technology, a true testament to the growth of Nigeria. However, Eko Atlantic is also the perfect place to play a bit of beach soccer, that’s certainly sure to excite fans. With Spain being a nation also blessed with beautiful beaches, we can see how the idea of soccer on Eko Atlantic can excite Puyol. Fingers crossed on hopes that Puyol does drop by the Atlantic City.
- Olumo Rock: It is no surprise that this rock made our list. Located in Abeokuta, Olumo Rock has long served as a rock of offence and a fortress for the people of Egbaland, since the 19th century. The characteristic height of the rock as well as an aerial and atmospheric view of the antique city of Abeokuta, from the apex of the rock, is a sight to behold. The rock also makes for some lovely aerial photos and the thought of photographing Puyol smiling atop the rock is certainly the stuff of dreams.
- Lekki Conservation Centre: Now this is one of Africa’s prominent and most-diverse urban Nature Parks. No wonder it made our list. Just imagine Puyol making the canopy walk across the park, maybe even joggling a ball while at it. Just perfect!
- Godswill Akpabio Stadium: This International Stadium is an all-seater national sports stadium located in Uyo, the state capital of Akwa Ibom. The stadium serves as a home to the Nigerian Super Eagles as well as a centre for various social, cultural, and religious events. It’s a no-brainer why this makes our list. It only makes sense to get one of the world’s greatest defenders to at least take a tour of Nigeria’s biggest football theatre.
- Nigerian Breweries Headquarters: Nigerian Breweries Plc, is the pioneer and largest brewing company in Nigeria. It serves the Nigerian market and exports to other parts of West Africa. It is also home to numerous brands like the world’s most international beer brand, Heineken.