Looking To Enter The ‘Access The Stars’ Music Show? Here Are Five Hacks To Impress The Judges
Nigeria has never seen a show as big and power-packed as this, in terms of how huge the audience is going to be. The ‘Access The Stars‘ Music Show competition is going to be stiff because there are more people coming up from different cities than any other show and you might never know just who is around the corner.
The best talent can come from anywhere, Onitsha, Owerri, Calabar, Abuja, Abeokuta or Lagos. What can stand you out amongst these thousands of participants (sure they will be that many) is to get your gear in force. You need to bring in your A-game.
Here are five hacks or five tricks you can use to create a lasting impression on the judges.
- Be confident: it’s a pretty famous table, the judges are not new people in the game, it will be very easy to get a little bit overwhelmed. One thing that has always sold in Nigerian music is swagger, hype and the confidence of the artist. We are going to be looking out for young musicians who will go on tour with some of the biggest musicians in the country and you need to impress Tee-Y Mix and Kaffy. Seyi Shay is already a singer, if you have what it takes, we are going to need it to be felt by the courage in your step. That shows that you believe in your talent, if not, its NEXT!
- Practice! Practice! Practice!: It is true that you have been singing all your life, in fact from four years old you led the whole choir at church. That does not mean you can come to the judges with just your talent. We need to see some dedication and skill in what you bring. Have you seen Beyoncé in Coachella? Yeah, her voice didn’t crack, she didn’t skip her lines. Hold on that’s a world stage, it can’t be that serious. Okay. We are serious and so are the other thousands of rising stars…so are the millions of naira up for grabs.
- Dress like you are famous: We didn’t actually need to put this here, but this is Nigeria, yes. Don’t go looking like the first thing you need is to see the barber. Auditions could be less than two minutes and it’s you before you are heard. Don’t go colour blinding the judges either. Make it cool and classy, let it work naturally. How would Tiwa Savage have walked into the audition room? Not the stage now, but in the room to make a good first impression. You are looking like no schoolgirl either, you are looking concert ready, world famous but on a little beginning. Bring in your attitude from what you wear. Classy make-up and funky attitude…yeah, that’s right. We know a star when we see one.
- Approach the Judges: uhhh, what it is this? Don’t I have to be in the room already? Yes, you will be in the room, but you need to be in ‘the room’. Fill the atmosphere with your voice and your song. Connect with your audience – the judges. Don’t go looking up or staring down. Perform your act. Make sure it rings a bell every time they think of who to select. Again, there are thousands more in Nigeria aiming for the prize, let us feel your star potential.
- Action! Action! Action!: Act out what you see on the different shows you have been to or experienced, keep singing when they look like they’re not there, don’t look distressingly into their eyes. Enjoy your own performance without losing them. Keep your body language in check. Keep your conversation professional. A summary of all the other points, keep it star-like.
In the end, the most important part of this music show program is you. You are what we are looking for so go and explore your deepest talents at this music show. Enjoy the show. It is all for you.